Temperature Electronics Ltd (TEL) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the ‘Send a Message’ form on our website (https://tel-uk.com/get-involved/) and information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter;
- If you contact us by email or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We also collect information you provide when you enter into a contract with us, place an order, or when you report a problem with our site or our products or services;
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, or financial information;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for quality assurance purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We use Google Analytics to monitor when people visit our website and the pages visited. We use this information to analyse trends of traffic data, location data and resources people have accessed for example to enable us to improve our website. We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as cookies which store information on the hard drive of your computer (refer to section Cookies and similar technologies). This information helps us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service. To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
TEL’s site may contain web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other website operations. These web beacons may allow the third parties to set or read a cookie on your computer. We prohibit third parties from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access your personal information.
When you register to receive our communications, we retain your information to send you periodic communications about our products, services and general company news updates.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION:
We use several methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, including:
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box;
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons;
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from – as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services;
- Software installed on your computer or other devices, which may send back information needed to operate, update or improve that software.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
- For statistical analysis to help us improve your experience with us;
- To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you choose and the manner in which you communicate with us so we can provide a better service;
- To provide you with information about our products and services, news and service updates;
- To help answer your questions and resolve any issues you have about our obligations with you using our products and services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourselves and TEL;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To send you mailshots or promotions relating to our products and services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To comply with a request made by you or to provide you with information which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To assess suitability for career applications and to contact you in response to your registered interest in a career at TEL.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
TEL is committed to protecting the personal data you share with us. The data that we collect from you is stored at locations within the European Economic Area (EEA). It is processed by staff operating within the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers (these may be outside of the EEA). Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. TEL uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures and organisational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. TEL supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. There are security arrangements and facilities on TEL sites to prevent abuse.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
Occasionally we work with partners and suppliers to help provide our products and services, and we may share your information, so they can process your order on our behalf, but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. Otherwise, we will never share any information with third parties without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter, for example, when you like, share or review our services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts, so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED:
We would like to tell you about our products and services that we think might help your business from time to time. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this via post, email, text message, phone, online, social media, or by any other electronic means. If you would like to opt-in to receive this information, visit https://tel-uk.com/ and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you can subscribe to our newsletter.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. You can opt-out of our marketing communication at any time.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to be removed from any marketing lists by using the contact information below or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link on the bottom of our mailshots.
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. We will normally provide this information free of charge, however we will need proof of identity and written notification to do so. If requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a proportionate fee and will advise you of this fee.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. If you wish to make such an access request, please use the contact information below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Temperature Electronics Ltd, Unit 2, Wren Nest Road, Glossop, Derbyshire, SK13 8HB, United Kingdom
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint to find out more.